Meet the aluminum bass boat heavyweight champ: the Stinger 178. Designed with best-in-class features, it delivers more fish-fighting deck space, more fishing features, impressive horsepower and more. The Stinger 178 features a super-wide 94" beam to provide 75 square feet of fish-fighting space. A top-rated 90 horsepower Mercury outboard gets you to the fish fast and can handle higher speeds, greater stresses, and bigger fishing action than the competitors. A premium fiberglass console with metal flake finish includes a huge storage space for gear and lure trays. Angler centric seats are more usable and comfortable than ever for longer days on the water. Complete with lockable rod storage, two livewells, a Lowrance fishfinder and a MotorGuide trolling motor, this is the serious tournament-style bass boat designed to knock out the competition.
- See Lowe Covers, Enclosures, and Accessories
- Learn More About Lowe’s Superior Use of Foam
- Mercury 90Hp ELPT FourStroke Performance Report
* Exact product configuration may vary, optional features may be shown. All colors are simulated. Prices excludes destination, taxes, title and registration fees. Starting at price refers to the base model, optional equipment not included. A more expensive model may be shown. Pricing and offers may change at any time without notification. To get full pricing details, see your local dealer. Prices are listed after manufacturer’s Instant Savings rebate. Rebate applied at time of purchase to final sale price. Dealer sets actual price and prices may vary as determined by the dealer. Rebate is available at participating dealer’s only. Some exclusions may apply.
Base Price, $500 down, 12% APR @ 6.5% for 12 years
Outboard HP Range
50 - 90
Save Up To $1,500
Ends March 31, 2018
Includes boat and motor. Trailer included on fish boat models only. Dealer freight, prep and tax additional.
Stinger 178 Specifications
|Overall Length||17'8"||5.38 m|
|Package Length||252"||640.08 cm|
|Package Width||96"||243.84 cm|
|Approx. Basic Hull Weight||1199 lbs.||543.86 kg|
|Bottom Width||64"||162.56 cm|
|Cockpit Depth||23"||58.42 cm|
|Fuel Capacity||19 gallons||71.92 l|
|Hull Gauge||.100"||2.54 mm|
|Max HP Capacity||90 HP||67.11 kw|
|Max Person Capacity||4||3|
|Max Person Capacity||579 lbs.||262.63 kg|
|Max Weight Capacity||1202 lbs.||545.22 kg|
|Prop Maximum Horsepower||90||67.11 kw|
|Prop Minimum Horsepower||50||37.28 kw|
|Side Depth||24"||60.96 cm|
|Transom Height||21"||53.34 cm|
Stinger 178 Features
- Mooring Cleats - black nylon (4)
- Switch panel w/tip lit toggle switches
- Convenient storage in fiberglass console
- Metal flake fiberglass console w/ windscreen
- Tach, speed, fuel & trim gauge w/ chrome gauge bezels & provision for up to 7" in-dash depth finder
- USB port
- Black soft grip wheel w/ chrome accent
- Cup holders (4)
- 2 Piece cockpit seats
- Lowrance Hook - 3x FishFinder
- 2 fold down fishing seats
- 16 oz. marine carpet
- Bow aerated livewell w/divider (24 gallon)
- Built in fuel tank (19 gallon)
- Passenger grab handle
- Stern aerated livewell w/divider (24 gallon)
- Recirculating Aft Livewell
- Tackle Box Bungee Holders
- Locking Side Rod locker with rod tubes (1) 7' (4) 8'
- Rod bungee holder
- Stern battery storage
- Under seat storage
- Bow Trim Switch with Tool Holder
- Aft deck storage boxes (port and stbd)
- Bow storage compartment (2)
- Step box with storage compartment
- Recessed trolling motor foot pedal
- MotorGuide® X3 45FW FB (45"/45#/12V) Trolling Motor
- 12V accessory wiring to bow
- Bilge pump (500 GPH) & aerator pump (800 GPH)
- Bow & Stern Navigation Lights
- Stainless steel bow & stern eyes
- Bow fishing deck
- Stern fishing deck
- Bow deck non-skid mat step
- Extruded gunnels w/rub rail insert
- Chine extrusions
- Rounded, formed in keels (4)
- Heavy duty extruded one piece keel
- Extruded Ribs
- (1)Transducer Bracket-Welded On
- All welded; All aluminum
Lowe Boats is respected for taking its warranty obligations to you very seriously. We are also well known for highly dependable and trouble-free products. However should a warranty issue occur, our goal is to make your warranty experience as hassle-free as possible and get you back on the water as quickly as possible.
Lowe will repair or replace any structural defect in material or workmanship in the hull seams reported during original purchaser's ownership.
Lowe will repair or replace a defect in any other part of the hull reported within (10) years of the date of delivery to the original purchaser, following a pro rated schedule.
Lowe will replace or repair any defective seat bases & backs reported within (5) years of the date of delivery to the original purchaser.
Your Lowe dealer can provide complete warranty information for all accessories & components not manufactured by Lowe for (1) year.
See your Lowe dealer or contact the Lowe Customer Service Department for a complete copy of the Lowe Boats Lifetime limited product warranty.
Fish Boat Reviews